Day To Day ActivitiesDay To Day Activities Services Provided By HRS
Prepare patient to resume day-to-day activities
A senior patient eventually needs a caregiver’s assistance to organize the day. Structured and pleasant activities can often reduce agitation and improve mood. Planning activities for a person with dementia works best when you continually explore, experiment and adjust.
Before making a plan, consider:
- The person’s likes, dislikes, strengths, abilities and interests
- How the person used to structure his or her day
- What times of day the person functions best
- Ample time for meals, bathing and dressing
- Regular times for waking up and going to bed (especially helpful if the person with dementia experiences sleep issues or sun-downing)
- Make sure to allow for flexibility within your daily routine for spontaneous activities.
Checklist of Daily Activities to Consider
- Household chores
- Personal care
- Creative activities (music, art, crafts)
- Intellectual (reading, puzzles)